Enrichment Assistant or Enrichment Supervisor (Multiple Openings)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Salary: £18,201-£23,075 pro rata per annum
Contract type: Term Time Only
Contract term: One Year Fixed Term
To stand on the shoulders of giants
The East London Science School is about to enter its fifth year. As our popularity grows, we are keen to recruit exceptional individuals to work in partnership with the Principal to develop this unique and exciting school.
Enrichment visits are at the heart of the vision of ELSS, providing pupils with a wealth of unique opportunities to learn outside the classroom. In the last academic year, the enrichment team at ELSS planned and ran over 700 school trips, ranging from visits to London Museums, university lectures, coastal geography fieldwork and cultural exchange visits to China. The successful candidate will be joining a team of enrichment assistants who work alongside teaching staff to deliver this unique and innovative enrichment curriculum.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Enrichment Assistant or Enrichment Supervisor to join our expanding school team, this is an exciting opportunity for a highly committed and motivated individual to enable us to continue to deliver a high-class wealth of enrichment opportunities for our pupils.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading daily trips into London due to the nature of the job the candidate must enjoy travelling across the capital .
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here. Other duties at an appropriate level and nature may also be required and will be negotiated.
· Plan and lead whole class outings as part of daily timetabled enrichment visits
· Be willing to get involved in the school’s DofE programme
· Assist the Enrichment Coordinator with responsibility for the policy and procedure of all educational trips, day and residential
· Assist the Enrichment Coordinator to ensure accurate communication of calendar to staff, parents, students and any external agency as necessary
· Keep records of all trips and events including reports of accidents or ‘near- misses’ using appropriate forms
· Promote and manage positive pupil behaviour both within lessons and around the school site in accordance with the Scholarly Behaviour Policy
· Be the point of contact for all term-time trips for the duration of the trip, for enrichment trips and report any changes in plan incidents to the Enrichment Coordinator.
· Ensure that the calendar is fill with events to be overseen by the Enrichment Coordinator.
· Other professional and statutory roles and conduct as expected or requested by the Principal
We welcome visits to the school and these can be arranged via email or by calling the school on 0208 981 2680.
ELSS offers a full and rigorous programme of CPD support for all our staff based on the school’s educational principles and the professional experience of our staff.
Download an application form and job description and, once completed, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: TBC
Closing Date: 21st September 2018
Note: Successful candidates will be notified by phone or email.
The East London Science School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.