Area: Marketing, Communications and Student Experience
Job Ref: 00024
Job Title: Equality and Diversity Lead
Salary: £20,655 - £23,256 pro rata
Contract: Permanent – part time for 18.5 hours per week, 0.5FTE
About the College: We are one of the city’s largest employers based at four different sites across the city. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student success though providing knowledge, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success isn’t possible without the commitment and dedication every member of staff demonstrates.
About the Role: City of Bristol College are seeking an experienced Equality & Diversity Lead to work within the Marketing, Communications and Student Experience Team at City of Bristol College. This role will be the lead on the positive promotion of equality & diversity and to effectively integrate and embed equality and diversity practices within the curriculum. This will involve analysing and reporting on equality & diversity data as well as taking the lead in developing and delivering specific campaigns to motivate, engage and retain students with specific protected characteristics.
What you’ll be responsible for: The successful candidate will have an understanding of the importance of equality & diversity legislation as well as skills to take ownership of the delivery reports, projects and campaigns the Common Inspection Framework.
Main duties will include:
- To lead on the positive promotion of equality and diversity matters to improve awareness, knowledge, practice and understanding of policy and context.
- To lead on the effective integration and embedding of equality and diversity into the curriculum.
- To lead on the production of reports and returns to ensure that the College is compliant with legislative reporting requirements.
- To lead on student voice in order to positively represent the full diversity of the College’s community. Candidates must be able to work flexible hours and may involve occasional evening and weekend working. Previous applicants need not apply.
Nice to have but not essential:
- ITQ level 2 or equivalent and/or NVQ4 in relevant subject or equivalent. - Training in Equality & Diversity.
- Experience producing and using Equality & Diversity materials for use with Student Representatives, Enrichment & Sporting activities and Personal Tutors.
- Experience of working with teachers and personal tutors.
- Experience of working in an FE or similar environment.
Life at City of Bristol College: The City of Bristol College offer generous holiday entitlement with an additional 16 bank holiday and College closure days so you will have plenty of time to recharge your batteries. In addition we offer membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme as well as a range of other benefits.
So if you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 20th August 2017
Interview date: 14th September 2017