Campus des Nations
EARLY YEARS SITE – Pregny
Seeks for 1st September 2019
Founded in 1924, and enjoying close ties with the UN, the Foundation of the International School of Geneva, commonly known as Ecolint, is the world's number one international school. With eight schools on three campuses across the Geneva area, we educate around 4500 students aged from 3-18. We have around 1500 employees representing more than 110 nationalities. Ecolint is built on strong humanitarian values and prides itself on its long history of pedagogical innovation, including the creation of the International Baccalaureate, currently a reference in more than 3500 international schools in the world. Our mission is to shape students' lives and prepare them to be world citizens engaged with the political, ethical and environmental challenge of their times.
To complete our team at Pregny School, we are looking for a:
ESP TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 3
Full-time – 32 hours, 1-year fix-term contract
Working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of teachers, assistants, therapists and a psychologist, the ESP assistant will be responsible for supporting pupils’ learning across the PYP curriculum. Students are integrated into the mainstream setting as much as possible and the ESP assistant will follow agreed schedules and work closely with the ESP teacher and subject teachers to enhance academic progress.
• Has experience of working with students with moderate to severe special needs including emotional and behavioral difficulties
• Has solid experience of supporting early years aged pupils
• Works well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
• Has a training or certification in education, especially as it relates to special needs.
• Has a sense of humor and a degree of flexibility.
• Has knowledge in the use of ICT in the classroom
��� Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Has strong working knowledge of English or French (with fluency in the second language)
• Has experience in the use of Makaton sign language or its equivalent
• Has experience working with children on the autism spectrum
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mrs Isla Gordon. Early Years Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations, Pregny, by June 19th, 2019, mentioning the reference number 440 006.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.