Job Title: Estates Supervisor for the Junior School
Reports To: Head of Estates
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
● The Head of Estates is responsible for the overall management of the Estates Team but the operational responsibility for the Junior School is delegated to the Junior School Estates Supervisor
● Line Management responsibility for three full time and two part time Estates Team members.
● Full time permanent position.
This is a ‘hands-on’ appointment and the Junior School Estates Supervisor is expected to be fully involved with the daily duties and supervision of the Estates Team reporting to the Head of estates and deputising in their absence. Also, to deputise for the Deputy Estates Manager in his absence if requested.
● Managing minor works and carrying out general repair and maintenance of school premises for which a good level of DIY skill is required. Particular areas of skill would be in decorating, minor plumbing, like for like electrical work and carpentry works.
● Providing a high level of services in support of the academic life of the school and communicating with academics regarding events. Typically duties would include setting up rooms and halls for a variety of events, porterage of parcels around the school, moving furniture etc.
● Other areas of work will include repair and maintenance of fixtures and fittings, lamp replacement, maintaining outside areas in a clean and tidy condition and other tasks as may be requested by the Head of Estates.
● Management of school minibuses, including coordinating travel services, bookings, maintenance and cleaning.
● Oversee grounds contractors and schedule maintenance of all 3 Junior School sites, including artificial grass, play areas and surrounding foliage
● Allocation of overtime where necessary and management of TOIL (Time off in Lieu). Preparation of timesheets for authorisation by the Head of Finance and Resources.
● Encourage teaching staff and the Estates Team to make use of the Service Desk, a computerised logging system for jobs.
● Carry out performance reviews of staff and return to work interviews.
● Ensure all staff receive appropriate Fire Marshall training and participate as active Fire Marshalls during all site fire drill practices.
● Ensure all staff hold relevant up to date practice certificates in appropriate areas as needed.
● Ensure all staff are fully conversant with health and safety and practice at all times risk awareness.
● Overseeing PAT testing of equipment.
● To be the main, named individual providing out of hours key holder duties in the event of security alerts.
● The appointment refers to the whole Junior School, the Estates Supervisor is expected to supervise staff on all three sites, Juniors, Infants and Nursery schools.
● To attend weekly meetings with the Head of Estates.
The Abbey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of The Abbey you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within the Abbey School and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
Salary and Benefits
● The Salary offered is £24,657 - £26,470, dependant on skills and experience. Staff are paid monthly in arrears.
● The School offers a non-contributory pension scheme worth 8.35% of salary, which is available, after satisfactory completion of the probationary period.
● Lunches are available free-of-charge.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Under current legislation, we are required to advise applicants that this appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure. Details of any criminal record (spent or unspent, due to exemption from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) must be disclosed at interview. Only relevant convictions and other information will be taken into account so disclosure need not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position at this School. For further information, contact the Disclosure and Barring Service on 0870 9090 811 or visit the Disclosure website at www.disclosuresdbs.co.uk
For more information on our lively and well-resourced school and for an application form, please visit the Vacancies Page on our website www.theabbey.co.uk.
To apply for this position, please complete an application form in full, including details of suitable referees as instructed, then send this with your full CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERVIEWS WILL ONLY BE ARRANGED FOLLOWING RECEIPT OF A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM.
Closing Date : Thursday 17th January 2019.
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 23rd January 2019.
If your skills and experience are suitable for the role we will be in touch shortly. If you have not heard from us by the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For enquires please contact email@example.com.