Do you have experience working in an office or school environment?
Do you have a good telephone manner and passionate about providing good customer service?
Would you be interested in working evenings and weekends in a lovely modern Academy?
If the answer is yes to these questions, come join us at The Stockwood Park Academy!
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently recruiting for an Evening and Weekend Receptionist to provide cover and support to the Academy’s main reception during out of school hours and weekends to assist with lettings and other school functions and events.
(This will be based on a 2-week rota)
- Monday: 5:45pm to 10pm
- Tuesday: 5:45pm to 10pm
- Thursday: 5:30pm to 10pm
- Saturday: 8:30am to 6pm
- Thursday: 5:45pm to 10pm
- Friday: 5:30pm to 10pm
- Sunday: 8:30am to 6pm
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Staff the main reception and switchboard within the Academy, responding to queries from the general public, organisations and hirers regarding lettings and private hire of the Academy premises
- Undertake general clerical duties including opening and distribution of mail, filing, photocopying, faxing and emailing
- Liaise with the site team regarding premises and Health and Safety issues pertaining to lettings and hiring of the Academy site
The successful candidate will:
- Have some experience in a general office environment
- Have some experience of using work processing, spreadsheets, databases and IT packages
- Be able to deal helpfully and tactfully with people at all levels
- Be able to write straightforward letters and read instructions
- Be able to form appropriate relationships with young people
- Be willing to adjust at short notice the tasks and activities undertaken to meet the changing demands and priorities during work periods
- Have some knowledge of the SIMS database, this is desirable but not an essential requirement
- Have a First Aid Certificate or willingness to train
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, please do apply today – we would love to hear from you.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.