All year round
Queen Anne’s School is an exciting place to work, where every member of the school team is valued. We aim to recruit the highest calibre of staff through all areas of the school. Queen Anne’s School is a community and all staff work with a professional, committed and enthusiastic attitude.
The campus is located in beautiful 35 acre grounds with good transport links and within easy walking distance of Reading Station. We offer a number of staff benefits including excellent training and Inset opportunities, discounted gym membership, subsidised meals, free car parking, pension scheme, School fee reduction where appropriate.
This role has been created due to the increase in internal and external events held at Queen Anne’s School, alongside a growing demand for letting out the venues at Queen Anne’s and to continue to promote external business opportunities. The successful candidate will assist the Events Manager in the organisation of external lettings on the school premises and all events that take place during the school term. The working hours for this role will be 20 hours per week, generally Monday to Friday but flexibility will be needed for evening and weekend event.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Be computer literate with intermediate experience of the Microsoft programmes, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Technical awareness to set up PowerPoint and other simple AV systems
- Have excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to work with minimum supervision on an ongoing basis and once training has been completed.
Full details of this position and how to apply are available from http://bit.ly/QASCareers or by emailing HR@qas.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 12 November 2018
Queen Anne’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).