Assistant External Invigilators
Job Purpose: To support Senior External invigilators in the duties listed below throughout the examination period.
Senior External Invigilators
Job Purpose: To oversee and supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions.
- To collect exam papers from the exams office at the specified time and ensure they are kept secure
- To assist in the setting up of the examination rooms
- To set out exam papers/answer booklets and any other materials following seating plan instructions
- To ensure candidates receive appropriate examination question and answer papers
- To be aware of any needs candidate may have during an examination
- To ensure candidates follow the regulations of an examination as set out in the JCQ guidelines
- To maintain security and confidentiality always
- To ensure there is no talking or disruption once an exam has begun
- To ensure scripts are delivered safely to the exams office
- To assist candidates using laptops print off their scripts at the end of the examination. and all other exam materials are securely collated before delivered to the exam office
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by the centre from time to time such as the supervision of clash candidates
- To remain focused on the exam room with no personal reading or work permitted at any time
Hours: Morning and / or afternoon invigilation
Mock exam arrival time 8.00am; Public exam arrival time 8.30am
Afternoon exams start at 1.30pm (arrival 1pm)
Availability: All invigilators will be required to confirm their availability for morning or afternoon sessions for each day during the exam period. Invigilators will then receive a timetable for allocated days when they will be required. This may vary from week to week depending on the number of exams taking place on each day. Exams take place for six weeks in May/June; ten days in early January; one week in early February and sporadically throughout the year. Invigilators are required to all commit to certain busy days during the summer public exam period.
Training session: All invigilators are required to attend a training session prior to the start of each examination series (December and April).
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1387122?cid=1567
Closing date for Applications: 12:00pm, Friday 28 September 2018
Interviews to be held week commencing: 1 October 2018
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org