UTC Reading is seeking to recruit sessional hourly paid invigilators to assist the examination team in delivering paper based and computer based examinations at the UTC Reading. The post holder will provide reading/scribing for students on a one to one basis as well as undertaking the normal invigilation duties. Hours will be variable with a high demand over the summer period (May and June). Applicants should have good communication and organisation skills, and proven ability to be punctual and reliable. Basic IT skills would be an advantage.
Training will be provided on the College and the JCQ examination policies and procedures, therefore the ability to follow these procedures closely is essential.
Exam Invigilator Responsibilities:
• Assisting with setting up of the examination rooms such as laying out equipment and examination papers
• Announcing awarding body regulations to large groups of students
• Patrol the Exams room quietly and unobtrusively to observe candidates, and ensure that candidates are obeying the Awarding Body regulations.
• Ensure constant, effective and sensitive supervision of candidates throughout the examination session.
• Record candidate attendance, and complete a seating plan of candidates for each examination and where required, a report detailing any instances or irregularity, misconduct or other unusual circumstance.
• Collect, distribute and return examination papers, scripts, stationary and other materials in
accordance with the College’s/Awarding Bodies instructions.
• Supervising students leaving the examination venues ensuring they leave in a quiet manner
• Ensuring that the College and JCQ policy and procedure is followed closely throughout the examination process
• Attend the Examinations office or other specified venue one hour prior to commencement of an examination session. And up to half an hour after an examination session ends, or at other time as instructed by the Examinations Team.
• Comply with all relevant Health & Safety Regulations and assist the college in the implementation of its own Health and Safety Policy wherever possible.
• Comply with the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy. Exam Invigilator Essential Skills:
• Strong communication skills able to liaise with academics and students daily
• Extremely patient and able to stay vigilant throughout an exam period
• Organised and excellent time management skills
All staff are expected to:
• Attend training sessions relevant to the performance and execution of the duties of their post
• Give good notice of any absence in line with the College’s Absence Management Policy
• Make the most efficient and effective use of human, financial and material resources, being aware of budget implications
• Be aware of and responsive to the changing nature of the College, adopt a flexible and pro- active approach to work and contribute to a range of cross-college initiatives to facilitate the delivery of key business objectives
• Participate in the development of a responsive student centred approach to service delivery.
• Ensure compliance with all College policies, procedures and regulations and assist in the implementation of decisions of the Corporation, working within any legislation to which the College is bound by law