Kingsford Community School is a vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 students and has excellent facilities in all subject areas. The School is committed to high quality inclusive education for students of whom over seventy per cent are multi-lingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and is rated by Ofsted as Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
The School is seeking a highly organised and efficient Examinations and Data Officer to manage and oversee all areas relating to internal and external examinations. You will be responsible for a team of invigilators and be expected to liaise with staff, students, senior management and Exam Boards. Candidates will need to be flexible as working hours will vary depending upon the examination schedules and the candidate will need to be present for all exams and for 2 days over the GCSE results period in August.
Responsibilities will include:
• Communicating with exam boards, the JCQ, staff, students’ parents and governors.
• Liaising with teaching staff
• Managing and training the team of invigilators, readers and scribes
• Managing the examination entry process
• Managing examination days and examination results
The School is looking to appoint someone who:
• Is experienced in administration and organisation of all aspects of external and internal examinations.
• Has experience in managing a large workload, multiple complex tasks and responding to changing priorities with a proven ability to meet required deadlines
• Is educated to degree level or has a proven academic background
• Has experience in using up-to-date Information and Communication Technology systems such as Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word and Excel.
• Can effectively work in a team and is willing to be flexible in the tasks undertaken
The School can offer:
• A rewarding and challenging position within our friendly school environment
• A committed, supportive and successful team
• Encouragement for professional development, innovation and creativity
Previous experience of a role in an educational setting is desirable. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or email our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 020 7476 4700 ext 410.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is Friday 21st May by 5.00pm. The post will commence in September 2021.
Kingsford Community School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Kingsford Community School, located in Beckton, Newham, is a co-educational secondary school. It is a non-denominational establishment for children aged between 11 and 16 years of age. At present, there are around 1,500 students being educated at the...