Examinations Officer/Cover Supervisor
Term Time only + 1 week
Focus School Berkeley Campus is a small, welcoming school of 186 students from Years 3 all the way through to 13.
We have a strong Christian Ethos which translates into a caring and nurturing environment where our students are able to achieve their full potential. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Exams Officer/Cover Supervisor to support the smooth running of this outstanding school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working with children and young people
- Work in line with school policies and procedures
As Examinations Officer:
- Co-ordinate mock examinations and end of year exams
- Oversee arrangements for public exams including:
- Ensuring all examination papers and stationery are delivered
- Making appropriate timetabling and room arrangements for the above and ensuring proper examination invigilation of the examinations is put in place
- Co-ordinating the team of invigilators, with the support of the Lead Invigilators, including recruitment, training, management and deployment of invigilation staff
- Ensuring that all examinations start and finish appropriately in line with examination board regulations including the conduct of any on-line examinations
- Receiving examination results and certificates and making arrangements for their issue
- Work with the Primary class teachers to manage Y3 Baseline Tests and Y6 SATS
As the Cover Supervisor, the successful candidate will:
- Undertake whole class supervision in the Learning Centre in the absence of the class teacher, delivering work previously prepared
- Manage and oversee the smooth running of our Learning Centre
- Excellent working environment with good resources
- A professional team culture
- Students who are keen to excel
- A supportive community and parents
For more information about Focus Schools please visit http://berkeley.focus-school.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. We invite you to contact Lucy Sherrin on 01453 511282 for an informal conversation.
Closing date for application forms will be 12pm on Friday 15th June 2018
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 20th June
Focus School Berkeley Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.