Ashbourne College is one of the leading providers of private sixth form education in the UK. Wonderfully situated near Kensington Palace, the College is an acknowledged leader in the field of exam-orientated education. It offers students a university style environment focused on individual attention in small class sizes.
We are currently looking to recruit a committed, efficient and self-motivated Exams Officer to join our dynamic administration department.
The Exams Officer is responsible for organising and delivering Examinations projects and targets of the annual exam cycle in order to enable smooth, efficient operations of the College and stress-free exam experience for students.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Meeting with students upon registration to establish their initial learner profiles in the college’s system
• Researching and developing understanding of current A-level, GCSE and iGCSE specifications. Maintaining and updating entry code and specification database
• Organising and administering University Admission Tests for students applying for Cambridge, Oxford and Russell Group universities
• Collaborating with the SEN (Special Educational Needs) Assessor, SENDCo, college administrator to manage and complete Access Arrangements applications
• Managing the college’s internal and exam boards’ systems to establish yearly exam entries and timetables
• Delivering effective communications with students, parents and teachers
• Planning and coordinating resources from administration, teaching faculties, IT and premises; leading invigilation team to organise and administer internal mock exams, summer exam series and results days
Skills and Requirements
• Keen attention to details, being able to deliver high degree of accuracy under time constraints and pressure
• Strong organisational and time-management skills
• A flexible, adaptive and organised approach to work, exercising initiatives and confidence
• Team player
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written form and orally
• Proficiency with data management, Google Mail and Microsoft Office, familiarity with Mac OS is a plus but not essential
• Ability to deal with confidentiality
• Ability to maintain professionalism and composure in difficult situations
• Experience and understanding of the A-level and GCSE examination systems / sixth form education are beneficial but not essential
• Enjoys working in education settings
• University degree
Ashbourne is committed to equal treatment of all applications and safeguarding the welfare of children. It expects its staff to share these commitments as well as undergoing an enhanced DBS check.