Capel Manor College is the only College in London that aims to deliver outstanding and inspirational land-based learning opportunities across the Greater London region. Our most recent Ofsted report rated the College “good” with good effectiveness of leadership and management. Aspiring to excellence, the College has an excellent reputation for quality, is financially strong and has continuous growth in student numbers. Fundamental to the College’s forward-thinking strategy is support for the environment and food supply in Greater London and the southeast.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Examinations Team Leader.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a proactive, supportive and efficient exam service to students, staff and partners of Capel Manor College. This post, in conjunction with the Director of Information Services, will also play a pivotal role in planning the development strategy for the examinations team, preparing business cases, managing future projects and planning resources.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a minimum of two years working within the Further Education sector in a significant administrative role and ideally have a good working knowledge of exam processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (full list can be found in the job specification)
- To provide assurance to the Head of Information Services that the College’s examination functions are operating effectively and adhere to all relevant internal and external (JCQ, National Assessment Agency, awarding body) requirements.
- To be responsible overall for the management of the Examinations Team and its functions, ensuring the team have clear objectives and that all necessary staff development is provided and performance is reviewed regularly in accordance with the college appraisal scheme.
- To ensure the Examinations Team provides a high standard of customer service to students and staff in all aspects of the examinations process.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all exam entries and registrations are made with all appropriate awarding bodies in a timely and efficient manner, liaising with staff and students as required.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all exam sessions are run efficiently, devising and communicating internal deadlines, in accordance with awarding body regulations within specified timescales.
- Take responsibility for gaining awarding body approval for student access arrangements and ensure the resources required to meet these access arrangements and exam concessions are efficiently and effectively deployed, informing Heads of School and Senior Leaders of the resource implications in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for the safekeeping and storage of all examination papers in compliance with the examination regulations, including the return of completed scripts in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the College is registered with all the appropriate awarding bodies to run all the courses as stipulated within the College course file.
- Take responsibility for the timely processing and publication of examination results, ensuring accurate data entry onto the College systems, notification to staff and students and dispatch of certificates as appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum two years’ FE experience within a significant administrative function
- Successful experience of managing well-defined processes relating to examinations’ administration
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and develop others in a pressurised environment
- Good general standard of education
- Level 2 qualification in business administration or equivalen
- Ability to prioritise work in order to meet internal and external deadlines
- Ability to process complex information provided in hard copy and through on-line data bases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to communicate with staff at all levels, students and external organisations
- Highly motivated, with a track record for setting high standards and sound attention to detail
What’s in it for you? The college offers a unique working environment with a range of benefits including:
- Access to the LGPS Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Superb staff development opportunities
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to the college being defined as a ‘specified place’. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applications from minority groups are welcomed. Where applicants indicate they have a disability and meet the essential criteria in the person specification, they will be short-listed for interview.
Hours: (36 hours) 8.45 to 5.00 (4.45 on Fridays)
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
Closing date: Thursday 18th October 2018
Interviews: Monday 29th October 2018