We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard working and well organised administrator to support the smooth running of all the public and internal exams at Surbiton High School.
The successful applicant must be able to work well under pressure in a very busy environment, they should be reliable, self-motivated and flexible with their working hours, (to accommodate some early starts / late finishes especially during the exams sessions).
This unique position would involve working part time in the Exams Office during the Autumn and Spring terms (approximately 50% exams and 50% other clerical duties across the Senior School) and full time in the Exams Office throughout the Summer term including 3 weeks in the summer holidays (from the release of A-level results through to the start of the new academic year).
Job Purpose: To support the work of the Head of Examinations with the effective, efficient administration and conduct of internal and public exams
Reporting Line: Head of Exams
Tenure: Permanent, full-time hours, part-time weeks (37.5 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year, term-time plus an additional 3 weeks in the summer holidays)
- To provide clerical assistance in the administration of all internal and external exams
- To undertake data inputting
- To invigilate internal and public exams
- To adhere to JCQ & exam board regulations in relation to all work undertaking
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested
It is the nature of the work of Surbiton High School that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises and undertake tasks which are not specifically covered in the job description.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create productive working relationships at all levels
- Provide a professional and positive service
- Flexible with working hours
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel & databases
- Excellent attention to detail
- High levels of personal presentation
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- High levels of discretion and confidentiality and awareness of data protection
- Enthusiastic team player, with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Accustomed to working collaboratively within a busy office environment
- Highly flexible, able to multi-task and determination to overcome barriers
- Commitment to personal professional development, and therefore willingness to develop own skills
- Commitment to the personal and educational development of pupils and to an ethos of respect and service
- Previous experience working in a school environment desirable but not essential
- Exam / Invigilation experience desirable but not essential
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date: 8:00am, Tuesday 25 September 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing: 30 September 2019
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com