This High School is a highly successful 11-18 secondary with over 1500 students on role which includes a thriving sixth form. This popular, over-subscribed school places the achievement of all learners as priority and as a result academic standards are high and improving year on year.
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, Governors wish to appoint an Exams Officer to support the management, organisation and smooth running of the examination process within the school, along with the collection of termly assessment data and reporting to parents. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in a similar role.
The post holder is responsible for managing the efficient and effective administration of all internal and external examinations both general and vocational within the school, including liaising with staff, pupils, parents/carers, invigilators, examination boards, JCQ, other schools / colleges and other educational organisations.
1. Co-ordinating and administering the examination entry process. Liaising with staff, students and exam boards. Resolving queries and problems.
2. Manage SIMS Examinations Organiser module, maintain course links in SIMS Course Manager and produce reports from SIMS Assessment Management and SIMS.
3. Training, selection deployment and management of invigilators. Approving invigilators’ timesheets.
4. Drawing up and maintaining school examination policies (in conjunction with SLT) to meet statutory requirements as defined by JCQ.
5. Co-ordinating and administering all aspects of the exams results process. Maintaining data integrity within SIMS in order to administer and process entries and results.
6. Managing the non-payment of fees, special consideration and other issues. Liaising with finance, SENCO, students and parents.
7. Managing the collection and dispatch of exam scripts – ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
8. Management of computer based exams in coordination with IT technicians to ensure software is working, regulations are complied with and IT support is provided
9. Managing exam papers and associated paperwork in an effective, efficient and secure manner, both in the run up to the exams season as well as on the day of the exams.
10. Informing and liaising with teachers, parents and students. Liaising with the Data Officer to ensure accuracy of examination data, also with site team with regard to receipt of confidential materials and logistics of exam accommodation.
11. Dealing with the exam post. Deciding on appropriate courses of action dependent on information received.
To be considered for this post you mush have;
- Grade C (4) in English and Maths. Educated to A level or similar relevant professional qualification.
- Competent user of computer software packages in particular SIMS.
- Ability to undertake further training and development as required.
- Experience working in an office / school environment in an examination administrative capacity.
- Experience of working in a busy environment with the ability to respond positively to high work demands.
- Experience of working autonomously and part of a team, managing own workloads and meeting deadlines, setting priorities and achieving agreed targets.
- Knowledge of examination and procedures and systems, awarding organisations and invigilation procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant SIMS modules.
- Ability to undertake a variety of advanced tasks which require detailed knowledge and skills in a specialist discipline.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with all
- staff, invigilators, students and exam boards clearly and with authority.