Join us at the start of something special in education
Big Education is a newly launched multi-academy trust that is bringing together some of the most innovative schools in the city. At Big Education, we have a vision for a bigger, more expansive education - an education of head, heart and hand - where Ofsted and results are a minimum necessity, but not the goals of education.
In order to achieve our vision, we have have set ourselves three goals:
- To create great schools that exemplify new models and methods of schooling and give all children, particularly those from the most deprived backgrounds, the greatest chance of success.
- To develop innovative programmes. To have a wider impact on the system, we plan to develop and incubate innovative programmes just as we have with our oracy programme.
- To build a wider movement. Building on the energies, expertise and imagination of brilliant teachers, we want to be a catalyst for some fresh thinking in education.
We are now looking for an ambitious new member of staff, one of our first, to support the co-Directors in helping to launch this new force in education.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic, meticulous and self-directed individual working in a new and exciting organisation.
You will support Liz Robinson and Peter Hyman, the Directors of Big Education Trust, in their work setting up and running the new organisation. That will mean running their diaries, planning meetings and events, coordinating workflow and tracking key actions. You will be at the heart of a fast paced environment with a start-up mentality.
Absolutely critical to this role are two key qualities. Firstly, a genuine care and love of getting the details right, because running two diaries smoothly and ensuring that time is used wisely is difficult!
Secondly, this role is all about building relationships among key people who will be crucial to the success of this new organisation: from trustees, to headteachers and senior stakeholders, we want there to be a genuine spirit of collaboration and kindness and you will be one of the key people to make it happen.
- Plays a key role in the smooth running of the central operations of Big Education
- Skillfully manages two busy diaries
- Effectively builds relationships with trustees, headteachers and leadership teams of the schools
- Manages stakeholder systems and software
- Prepares papers for Trustee meetings and tracks follow up actions
- Organises key meetings and events
- Carries out pieces of research for meetings or events
- Records and shares the outcomes of meetings or events
- Coordinates the process for staff recruitment including advertising, applications, interviews, contracts
- Ability to work on your own initiative - spotting what needs to be done before others do
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relations with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders
- Great people skills including on the phone
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Very good IT skills and a willingness to develop these
- Outstanding organisation, prioritising and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines as required
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and to think logically
- Project management skills, including supporting other colleagues to meet deadlines
- Ability to show discretion and manage sensitive information
- Interest in the education sector and issues surrounding social mobility
You will love this job if…
- You want to be in at the start of creating something special
- You want to be part of a growing force for innovation in education
- You enjoy working with committed people in a friendly and purposeful environment
- You have an exceptional attention to detail, and are a naturally organised person
- You are passionate about education and creating opportunities for young people!
How to apply
Please complete the online application form which can be found here.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please email us on email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 26th September at midday.
Interviews to take place in the week commencing 1st October.