Executive Head Teacher (Primary)
Salary Range: L16 – L20
Job Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Job Location: North Tawton, South Tawton, Chagford Church of England Primary Schools’ part of Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust
Closing Date: 25th February, 2019 - Noon
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become the first Executive Headteacher of South Tawton, Chagford Church of England, and North Tawton Primary Schools. Clustered together on the edge of Dartmoor, each school has their own character, strengths and challenges, but they unite in all having a keen spirit of school improvement.
Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust came in to existence on 1st January 2018 bringing together 13 primary and 3 secondary schools. The Trust is fully supported by the Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance and this brings many benefits . Whilst the Trust is young we have experienced working in partnership with Federations and are now excited to be building strong leadership teams that work together to promote and support school improvement.
The Executive Head Teacher post will provide a wonderful opportunity for someone with drive and ambition to lead a unique organisation.
We are looking for someone who can offer:
• Recent and substantial experience at Head Teacher level within the Primary phase.
• Can maintain strategic direction with an excellent skill set to drive the schools forward.
• Great people skills - prepared to offer support and challenge, but make tough decisions when necessary.
• Vision for exciting and aspirational curriculum planning across all subject areas.
• A track record of improving the quality of teaching & learning to secure excellent outcomes for all pupils.
• Can demonstrate effective financial management in an increasingly challenging financial landscape.
In return we can offer:
• A forward-thinking and optimistic staff who share a strong vision, to provide the highest quality of education for all local children.
• The opportunity of working at the heart of small but very supportive rural communities, whilst at the same time leading and managing a large scale organisation.
• A single central Local Governing Board who are committed to the benefits of the schools working together whilst keen for the individual schools to celebrate their own communities.
• Transport costs between the schools will be paid in addition to the salary.
If you are interested in joining us and have the passion, commitment and determination to make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you. We strongly encourage you to visit our schools, please contact email@example.com to arrange this.
The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.