Executive Principal Primary
Salary – Competitive (dependent on experience)
Hours of work – Full or Part time
Contract – Permanent
Start date – January 2020
Closing date – 23 September 2019
Interview dates – TBC
The Mossbourne Federation is the realisation of Sir Clive Bourne’s dream to provide the children of Hackney with an outstanding education. Since 2004 the Federation has nurtured Sir Clive’s dream by fostering kind, courteous, hard-working and well-rounded learners by providing an outstanding education based on the core values of ‘Excellence’, ‘No Excuses’ and ‘Unity’. Through upholding these core values, Mossbourne will be the first academy federation whose schools are without exception, exceptional.
The Mossbourne Federation comprises four academies: Mossbourne Community Academy (secondary, which includes sixth Form), Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (secondary), Mossbourne Parkside Academy (primary) and Mossbourne Riverside Academy (primary).
The four main challenges for this newly created role will be to-
• Actively lead and manage on the expansion of the primary school cluster,
• Produce, share and implement a strategic vision for the primary schools
• Lead, manage and support MPA to produce and maintain outstanding academic outcomes and to
• Support MRA to continue to produce outstanding academic outcomes as the school increases in pupil numbers.
The Executive Principal Primary will have oversight of strategic Leadership and Management, defining and delivering the vision and objectives of the Federation. They will provide first class leadership and embed the ethos of aspiration, success and high standards across each school. They will ensure that each school has a robust school improvement plan and support is in place and evaluated. They will create and support a collaborative, aspirational and innovative culture of learning across the Federation, creating a climate for learning and a system of monitoring and intervention that enables all students to thrive.
What we are looking for:
• A candidate with superb communication, organisation and leadership skills to join the senior leadership team
• Experience of having led and managed a high-performing team
• A sound commercial acumen and commitment to evidence-led performance management and intervention
• Manage budgets in accordance with delegations from the governing body, ensuring effective financial control at all levels
• Ability to motivate, develop and hold your team to deliver results
• Ability to build and maintain close and effective partnerships with other schools engaging in similar challenges, an engaged Governing Body, a committed and ambitious group of parents and a wide group of stakeholders
• Excellent teacher who is able to work with students of all abilities and enable them to achieve exceptional results
• An unbreakable commitment to the highest levels of education for all students
• Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
• Commitment to the safeguarding of students
• Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach
• Professional manner at all times
• A degree in an appropriate discipline and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Working for the Mossbourne Federation:
Working for a Mossbourne Federation Academy means being part of a community of exceptional practitioners. Colleagues are warm, welcoming and supportive; each morning you can expect a ‘hello’ from a friendly face. As one of the country’s leading federations, expectations of staff are high. The Mossbourne Federation engages with, and supports its workforce, thus creating an inspirational working environment which nurtures the development of personal and professional excellence.
Set within the London borough of Hackney, all Mossbourne Federation academies are in close proximity to London Overground stations, providing a no-fuss commute for colleagues living in other London boroughs. London’s fashionable ‘East and West Ends’, are also only a short distance away.
Federation staff are rewarded through access to a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
• First Rate Professional Development
• NQT Training Programme
• Season Ticket Loans
• MossBike – Cycle to work scheme
• Coaching and Mentoring
• Employee Assistant Programme
• Corporate Gym Membership
• Discounts at local restaurants
• Recruitment Applicant Awards
• The Mossbourne Allowance (conditions apply)
If you are passionate about innovative education, have a commitment to personal excellence and are ready for a new challenge, we welcome your application.
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies
Please visit the following link for the Job Description and the Application Process - Chair of Governors letter, Executive Principal JD and Application Process page, Executive Principal
Please note that CVs or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
“The Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.”