Who We Are
YueCheng Education (YCE) pioneers a new kind of education in China, providing high-quality, internationally-minded education for 2-18-year old students. YCE is firmly focused on progressive education that is personalized and challenging. YCE’s constituent institutions include not-for-profit schools Beijing City International School (BCIS) and the YueCheng Kindergartens. Other educational projects include YueCheng Education Research Institute, the Learning Frontier and the Reading Frontier. You may learn more about YCE by visiting www.yuechengeducation.com. YueCheng Education is an equal opportunity employer.
YCPK, YueCheng Parkside kindergarten (will Open in August 2021)
As a brand-new member of YueCheng Kindergartens, the YueCheng Parkside Kindergarten will be opening its doors in August 2021. All children at Yuecheng Parkside Kindergarten will be empowered to enjoy a positive, purposeful and healthy life, becoming confident and creative learners as they begin their educational journey.
Yuecheng Parkside Kindergarten is located in the Tongzhou district of Beijing and has been purposefully designed to support and enhance the growing community. The Kindergarten’s location has been carefully positioned to enable the children, parents and the wider community to gain access the master planned facilities and learning opportunities that this precinct has to offer. A distinctive new landmark of this community will be the inspirational and awe-inspiring park that has been planned adjacent to the Kindergarten.
YueCheng Parkside Kindergarten has developed a distinctive holistic, child-centered curriculum based on the following foundational principles:
• Planned intergenerational learning opportunities between the children and the citizens of the adjacent retirement community
• Multi-age learning groups, reflecting the relationships and responsibilities of family and the wider community
• Constructivist learning through investigative play
• Open, flowing learning spaces, inside and out, removing the conventional boundaries that constrain opportunities for young children to learn
• No boundaries dual-language learning, enabling children to learn to speak, read, and write in either English or Chinese as appropriate to the context
• Respecting and learning to be the caretakers of our environment
• Understanding cultural identity and China’s place in the world
• Reading as a gateway to life-long learning and pleasure
• Interactive, developmentally appropriate introduction to logical-mathematical thinking skills
• Practical immersion in the arts and the development of a sense of beauty
• The relationship between mind and body and the development of skills for fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
• Investigation of and through technology at appropriate times
Who We Are Looking For
Role description: The expatriate teacher is responsible for the teaching of a multi-age group of up to 50 children. In addition to the expatriate teacher, the team will also include two Chinese class teachers; one expatriate assistant teachers; two Chinese teacher assistants; and two or three Chinese care assistants. The teacher-student ration is very low (approx 1:4, 1:6 or 1:8 depending on age group). The expatriate teacher will also collaborate with the teacher librarian/learning resource coordinator. The exact configuration of the founding teams may vary slightly according to the number of children initially enrolled.
Reports to: The Founding Principal, YueCheng Parkside Kindergarten
• Mother tongue of English
• Education degree and certification
• Three or more years’ experience in early childhood teaching (preschool or kindergarten)
• Commitment to progressive, play-based learning experiences for young children.
• Teach kids in fulfilling the Kindergarten’s mission: to empower every child to enjoy a positive and purposeful life
• Ensure that teaching and learning is conducted in accordance with the program’s foundational principles (above)
• Model excellent teaching for team members
• Maintains high but personalized expectations of students, self and team members
• Promote and support the Kindergarten’s strategic goals
• Promote and maintain a calm, caring, and appropriately challenging environment for children
• Develop a deep understanding of the Kindergarten’s curriculum and assessment policies and practices
• Contribute to ongoing curriculum development
• Keep up to date and inform others on readings and research related to best teaching practices for young children
• Engage in professional development and support the professional development of others
• Contribute to the selection of educational resources and materials
• Engage parents as partners in their children’s learning
• Participate in school activities and meetings.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary and benefit package based on experience
• Visa sponsorship for expat employees
• Paid leaves
• Medical insurance for full time employees
• Multicultural working environment
• Training and career development opportunities
• Children education
Requirements for applying:
• Resume and Application letter
• Letters of Recommendation/Reference if applicable
• Supportive documents if applicable
Applications can be sent to HR department of Yuecheng Education at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position in the email subject.
YueCheng Education Management Company Ltd
- International schools & colleges