Recruiter Modelex SARL
Location Monaco, 98000
Hours 25-30 teaching hours/ week
Contract Full time employment contract
Education level Qualified Teacher Status / Postgraduate or Masters degree in relevant subjects
Location - Modelex Academic Centre in Monaco
Modelex Education Monaco is a provider of tailored academic solutions to the international families residing in the South of France and Monaco.
In January 2020, we opened an Academic Centre in Monaco, where students follow one to one or group sessions , and where we also provide Homeschooling.
In January 2021, Modelex became an accredited Cambridge International School.
Modelex is currently in the process of opening a sixth form college that will provide A levels in Monaco and is looking for inspiring practitioners to join its team to teach its Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary Students, as well as contribute to the development of the organisation.
We are looking for practitioners capable of teaching English and Humanities Teachers from iGCSE to A level and provide, where required, individual support to their students after school, whilst the A level department is being finalised. IB experience is a plus.
- You will be employed by Modelex in Monaco to deliver high quality, individual and small-group teaching to students in English and Humanities. Our students require expert support to help them to consolidate content, develop revision strategies and practice exam techniques, so that they can achieve the highest grades, especially at IGSCE and IB level.
- Once the Sixth Form College is set up, you will transition to a full-time day teaching of English and Humanities.
- In September 2021, the role will most likely start as a combination of full time A level individual homeschooling of 1-3 students and additional after school academic support of Modelex students. The role will gradually evolve into a full time Sixth Form teaching.
- Your weekly teaching workload will be circa 25-30 hours, Monday to Friday.
- For after school tuition on weekdays, tuition will be intensive in the evenings (roughly 16h30-19h30).
- To plan structured, student-centred and creative lessons, you should be confident using AFL techniques, you should be able to make interdisciplinary connections for students personal and academic development and participate in pupil progress meetings. You will have excellent communication skills and be a team player, meeting regularly with your line manager.
- You share the vision and values of Modelex, whose mission is to provide the highest quality of personal education to students of all ages, through bespoke educational programs implemented by first-class academics and educators
- Yearly brut salary of €38,300-€51,300, depending on teaching experience.
- Relocation package, if necessary (if you reside outside of the region of Alpes Maritimes). You would reside in the South of France.
- Baseline Monaco Social security covering 80% and an additional private health insurance that covers up to 100%. Monaco is considered to be the best social security in the world.
- A commitment to developing our staff through individualised CPD programmes opportunities through professional development with Modelex.
- Opportunity to work in a stimulating and international environment
- A unique opportunity to help to build a 6th form curriculum and culture from the foundations.
- The position requires a highly organised teacher with and Qualified Teacher Status or a PGCE and 3+ years’ experience teaching English and Humanities Teachers to students at IGCSE/GCSE and IB/A-Level and delivering consistently high results for students.
- English native level. French is a plus.
- Personal skills: you must be dynamic and strongly empathetic to the human needs of each child outside the academics, adjusting their work accordingly.
- You must have ‘found your voice’ as a teacher and developed a distinctive teaching style that you are able to articulate and discuss. We would like to know how you developed this style and how you tailor it to different students.
Interested applicants should send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please attach two recommendation letters and a cover letter.