35 Hours Per Week
Term Time only (39 weeks)
Event Linked Contract
Penwortham is a dynamic and caring school known for its commitment to the wellbeing of our staff and also recognises that continuing professional development is of great importance.
As our established school is rapidly moving towards becoming outstanding, we are now looking to offer a number of Teaching Assistant roles to complement our existing hard working and dedicated support staff team.
Our children and school community are wishing to appoint experienced Teaching Assistants who will have the ability to build positive relations with children with high needs (ADHD, ASD, Behaviour and Dyslexia) or groups of our disadvantaged pupils
Successful applicants must also be able to demonstrate that they have the following:
• the passion, experience and skills to work successfully on a 1-2-1 basis with children with identified needs
• a good understanding of the importance of lesson planning, IEPs and learning objectives which contribute towards the progression in learning for all our pupils should your experience be in supporting children with high needs.
• the skills, patience and confidence to help key groups of children overcome their barriers to learning
• the ability to show initiative and work constructively to support children in whole school activities, ie. playground duty, trips, etc.
• a resilient and positive approach to challenging situations and strategies to re-engage pupils effectively
• excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills to ensure the consistent delivery of agreed, bespoke support
• a minimum qualification of Level 3 in Childcare is essential (or equivalent qualification)
• good numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
Working hours are expected to be 8.30am – 4.00pm Monday-Friday and includes INSET Days, although the ability to take part in extracurricular activities would be of interest to the school.
All posts within Penwortham are expected to contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school and a willingness to participate in training and other learning activities as required.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed application forms should be return to the school ideally by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post to: Penwortham Primary School, Penwortham Road, Streatham, London SW16 6RJ.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy should a suitable applicant be found.
Closing Date: 22 September 2019 (at midnight)
Interviews: to be arranged
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Penwortham Primary School
London SW16 6RJ
Tel: 020 8769 3949
Fax: 020 8677 5354
Head: Sandie Andrews
Roll: (623) – Group 4