About the role: Cherry Pips Nursery, part of Cherry Orchard Primary Academy, are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced EYFS Assistant to join our brand new nursery and school which successfully opened in September 2017. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Early Years practitioners to join our enthusiastic Early Years team who will be responsible for providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children from 3 years old.
As this is a new position for our Nursery, we have the flexibility to offer either of the following working options to suit our successful applicant;
- Term Time + 1 week inset, 37.5 hours per week with an actual annual salary of £13,170
- 37.5 hours per week during the full year i.e for the full duration the Nursery provision is open, closing only at set times of the year such as Easter and Christmas. We offer 25 days annual leave per annum in addition to bank holidays. The salary associated with this option is £15,564 per annum
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
- Have high expectations of teaching and learning
- Have an up to date knowledge of EYFS
- To be a positive role model
- To contribute to the positive ethos of the school
- Be able to work collaboratively with a range of children and adults
- Be keen to develop as a professional
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
- Previous, recent experience in a similar setting
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
For more information, please consult the Job Description by clicking here.
Working for the Academy: Cherry Pips Nursery is part of Cherry Orchards Primary Academy, a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy will admit a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6, and initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for 26 pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy will be the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.