Experienced Early Years Teacher required for a Nursery class (3 year olds) and to lead the Nursery team.
Canterbury School was founded in 1972 and is now one of the leading schools in the Canary Islands. It offers a British education to over 1200 pupils across all Key Stages, catering for children from the age of 2-18, as well as a high level of education in the Spanish system which enables our students to access the University of their choice at the end of their school career. The school is housed over four sites in Gran Canaria, all of which have excellent facilities and are well resourced. We have a strong, enthusiastic staff team, very supportive parents and wonderful children!
In September 2018 the Infant Department moved to a fantastic new building, with all new facilities for 21st century learning. The 75 three year olds and staff have their own semi-open plan floor with learning bases, shared areas and outdoor area. This is an exciting time in our development to join us!
For more information about the school please have a look at our web page: www.canterburyschool.com
Canterbury School is a member of the National Association of British Schools in Spain.
Lonely Planet says of Las Palmas: “Las Palmas has a mainland-Spain feel, spiced up with an eclectic mix of other cultures... It’s an intriguing place, with the sunny languor and energy you would normally associate with the Mediterranean or north Africa. The hooting taxis, bustling shopping districts, chatty bars and thriving port all give off the energy of this city.”
Applicants must be first language ENGLISH SPEAKERS and must have:
• At least five years experience in EYFS, including working with 3 year olds
• Experience of coordinating / leading in EYFS
• Have a thorough working knowledge of the Foundation Stage and have the ability to lead the development of the EYFS in school.
• EU citizenship
• Be excellent classroom practitioners who are motivated, caring, enthusiastic and committed.
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour in all children.
• Be positive, reflective, creative and flexible.
• Be committed to making a positive difference throughout the school.
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
Experience of teaching Talk for Writing is desirable as is previous experience working with children of whom English is not their first language. The ability to speak some Spanish would be an advantage.
Canterbury School offers:
• A reputation as a well established and highly regarded school.
• The opportunity to live in the vibrant, cosmopolitan city of Las Palmas with all year round sunshine.
• Confident, welcoming students who are eager to learn.
• A team of teachers who are friendly, open and happy, who help each other, and who really enjoy teaching and living in Gran Canaria.
• A maximum class size of 25 pupils (15 max in Nursery).
• A daily hot lunch.
• Professional development opportunities.
• Support with relocation and necessary documentation.
Successful applicants will be interviewed by Skype.
Salary is paid according to the Spanish pay scale. The initial period of employment is for two years, extendable by mutual consent. There is a plus for the Coordination post for a suitable candidate.
Canterbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. The position is subject to enhanced disclosure procedures.