Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a EYFS Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply teaching support team and to work in a local primary school in Trimdon. This will be 2 full time, EYFS Teaching Assistant role commencing in January 2019.
This Children's Centre is an inclusive nursery setting run in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. Situated within a large Primary School site it is managed under the governance of the school. The centre works with the community, supporting families with health care, childcare solutions and a whole range of activities for parents, carers and their children aged 0-5. They offer early years education with care for approximately 65 children a day.
Under supervision, you will be the ‘key person’ for a small group of children and will be expected to plan, prepare, implement and evaluate activities and keep all records, profiles and assessments relating to your group of children. You will also be expected to take part in general nursery duties such as preparing group activities, personal care and playtime supervision.
The Nursery are looking for an individual with a flexible attitude to work; the skills to support children in their development; good communication skills and confidence to work with parents and carers, and a team player with a demonstrative commitment to the provision of high quality childcare.
To be considered for the position of EYFS Teaching Assistant you must:
• Have experience supporting children in primary education in EYFS
• Hold a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Primary School Staff
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a EYFS Teaching Assistant, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
• Support throughout your placements
• Access to a dedicated Primary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Unparalleled daily rates
• Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
• £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
• Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a qualified EYFS Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Primary Education team, at the Durham Branch. Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.