Part time, 10 hours per week, 2 hours per day, Monday to Friday 7am – 9am, 39 weeks per year • Fixed term contract until 19 July 2019
The main focus of this role is to provide support for the school in the morning such as setting up furniture and checking areas are ready for teaching. You may also be asked to carry out minor maintenance to ensure a safe environment that is conducive to the teaching and learning of our students.
Duties of the post include the following:
- To check the site daily as directed including classrooms, offices, sports and common areas for cleanliness, temperature and correct set up. Where a problem is found, either remedy or if not possible note the problem and report to the facilities manager so the appropriate action can be taken.
- Undertake minor repairs.
- Clean up spillages and keep the site tidy and clear of litter.
- Be able to lock and unlock the building if required.
- Be aware of the basic functions of the alarms and heating/cooling of the school
- Ensure that alarms and non-automated heating and lighting is turned on and off as necessary.
- To carry out internal and external porterage duties as required.
- Prepare the school for internal and external functions and lettings.
- Other duties reasonably associated with this post may be assigned from time-to-time.
- ‘Can do‘ attitude with a flexible and positive approach.
- Commitment to the job.
- Excellent team player.
- Enjoy a challenge.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Committed to the schools ethos and high expectations.
- Able to be self-motivated to work under pressure.
- Every member of staff is expected to show respect to their colleagues and to understand and adhere to the School’s value of dignity at work.
- Training will be available where appropriate but previous experience will be an advantage.
- Willing and able to work additional hours on request from time-to-time.
To apply via email, please email your completed application to Paul Garrett-Chapman email@example.com
To apply by post, please post your completed application to Paul Garrett-Chapman, Beaconsfield High School, Wattleton Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1RR
To apply in person, please hand in your completed application for the attention of Paul Garrett-Chapman at Beaconsfield High School, Wattleton Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1RR
Application deadline: 16 November 2018
Interviews to be scheduled as required.
This job description will be subject to regular review and the school reserves the right to amend or add to the duties listed in line with the position. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and there is a 3 month probationary period.
As per part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, “the ability to converse with ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English”is an essential requirement for this role.