At Bolingbroke Academy we work inside a beautiful listed building and require a Facilities Manager to help us maintain its glory, as well as providing a safe and comfortable environment for its students and staff.
The school is part of the Ark network of Academies and opened 7 years ago after converting from a former hospital.
Your role will consist of the following duties:
• To keep on top of and manage any repairs as well with the facilities assistants – general maintenance skills are essential
• Dealing directly with contractors, collating quotes/ pricing, and ensuring all works are completed to the specification and on schedule for time and budget.
• Staff management - anything from delegating duties to your team to supporting their development.
• Understanding of H&S regulations
• Liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally
• Logistical preparation for external and internal events such as Speech Day, parents evenings and Sports Day
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Work with a close-knit professional community of enthusiastic staff
• Learn from and share best practice with colleagues across the Ark network
• Access to a broad range benefits including an employee assistance programme, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience of managing a building such as a school, hospital or large listed buildings as well as strong communication skills.
You will need to take pride in your work and have ownership over the role as well as a real can-do attitude.
If you think your skills are suitable please apply
Deadline: 11.59am – 15th October 2019
Location: Wandsworth, London
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Ark Support Staff Band 5, point 15-22 £31,209 - £34,643 per annum, dependent on experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week (term time), plus 79.4 reserved hours to be worked as specified by LM and/or Principal.