Area: Estates and Infrastructure
Job Title: Facilities Officer
Job Ref: 17 ��� 00050
Salary: £16,179 - £17,567
Contract: Permanent, full-time
About the College: We are one of the city’s largest employers based at four different sites across the city. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student success though providing knowledge, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success isn’t possible without the commitment and dedication every member of staff demonstrates.
About the Role: We are looking to appoint a Facilities Officer to join our Facilities Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the unlocking and locking the appropriate College centre buildings. Monitoring and maintaining security of College assets and ensuring in a safe and secure environment for all. Undertaking a range of security, patrolling, porterage, first response maintenance and other service duties including, cleaning, litter removal, moving equipment and waste, delivering post and parcels, recycling, responding to enquiries, monitoring student behaviour, first call for first aid assistance, reacting to alarms and front of house welcoming and customer service duties.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working within a security, facilities, porterage or caretaking role
- Experience of working within a role involving communicating effectively with the public - Manual Handling skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
Nice to have but not essential:
- Recognised First Aider or working towards
- Level 2 in a post related subject or working towards
- Health & Safety Qualification or working towards
- Experience of working within an Educational setting within a security, facilities, pottering or caretaking role.
- Good understanding of emergency systems and procedures
- Have worked in a role involving basic maintenance
Life at City of Bristol College: The City of Bristol College offer generous holiday entitlement of 26 days with an additional 16 bank holiday and College closure days so you will have plenty of time to recharge your batteries. In addition we offer membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme as well as a range of other benefits.
So if you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
Closing date: 28th September 2017
Interview date: 13th October 2017