Faculty Key Stage 3 Co-ordinator - Technology
Croxley Danes School
- Quick apply
- MPS/UPS + TLR 2b
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- 1st September 2018
- Apply by:
- 4 December 2017
We are seeking a Faculty Key Stage 3 Co-ordinator - Technology to join our team at The Danes Educational Trust in Croxley Green, South West Hertfordshire.
We would like you to have:
- A passion for your subject and for education in its widest sense
- Experience of teaching at Key Stages 3 and 4 and demonstrating a positive impact on student progress
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
- A willingness to undertake Continuing Professional Development and Learning (CPDL)
- The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
- The ability to demonstrate patience, flexibility and a sense of humour
- The ability to cope with pressure and demonstrate a calm and measured response
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within a brand new school setting developed by St Clement Danes, an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team
- The opportunity to be part of a multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- The opportunity to work within the Herts & Bucks Teaching School Alliance and Science Learning Partnership
- The opportunity to contribute to the education of the first, second and subsequent cohorts of students in a brand new school at an exciting stage in its development
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire from September 2017. It will eventually provide a high quality education to over 1200 students aged 11-18, opening for its first year with 120 Year 7 students at St Clement Danes School before moving to a designated permanent site on land at the bottom of Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area. If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we hope to hear from you.
About Croxley Danes School
- Croxley Danes School
- Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green, Rickmansworth
- WD3 3LR
- United Kingdom
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand-new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building with a capacity for over 1200 students. The permanent site for the school comprises 12.3 hectares. This far surpasses the need for a six-form entry school, therefore the space afforded to the students on site is, compared to other local schools, second to none. Furthermore, the permanent school building has been meticulously designed to ensure both students and staff experience a first-class learning environment. More details about (and images of) the permanent site can be found here
Danes Educational Trust currently comprises nine schools: St Clement Danes School, Croxley Danes School, Chancellor’s School, Onslow St Audrey’s School, De Havilland Primary School, Elstree Screen Arts Academy, Ascot Road Primary School, Jupiter Primary School and Lanchester Primary School. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE is the CEO of the Danes Educational Trust. She was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of all nine schools. If appointed, you will benefit from working within an established, outstanding Trust whilst also contributing to the education of the first cohorts of students in a new school at an exciting stage in its development.
We are heavily over-subscribed with 840 students across Years 7-11 who are aspirational, confident and have excellent attitudes to learning. They are extremely proud of being the first cohorts of students in a brand-new school and excited about the future. Staff overwhelmingly report that they are delightful to teach and fun to have in the classroom. Their behaviour is excellent.
We look for talented and committed people and work hard to keep them, helping them to reach their full potential. In return we offer exceptional CPD opportunities.
You should possess excellent communication and organisational skills, be hard working, flexible and professional. You should have high expectations of students, colleagues and yourself, displaying energy and enthusiasm in and out of the classroom, contributing to the school’s overall success. A willingness to contribute to other areas of school life would be welcome.
The staff team is a happy and stable one; the students are capable, conscientious and self-motivated learners. Have a look at our website's news pages to get a taste of the student experience or follow us on Twitter @croxleydanes.
The school is close to beautiful countryside - Google images of the Chess Valley for a taste - and on the Metropolitan line into London. A few minutes from Jct 18 of the M25, the school is close to towns regularly voted as some of the best places in the UK to live and raise a family and, although an affluent part of the country, there is plenty of affordable housing in nearby Watford and its surroundings.
I want Croxley Danes School to be outstanding and a strong part of the local community. If you share our commitment to educational excellence, we want to hear from you. If you choose to apply for a job with the Trust, you will join a happy, successful team whilst making a wise investment in your future career.
If you would like to organise a visit to the school or if you would like to discuss any position in more detail then please contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Danes Educational Trust
The Trust’s core values are:
• We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
• We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
• We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
• We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
• We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
• We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all
Websites - www.croxleydanes.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
Mr S Thompson
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.