St John & St James’ C of E Primary School is a one-form entry Primary School located in Hackney. We are part of a Federation of eight schools called Primary Advantage. We believe our schools can gain many benefits from working collaboratively and can achieve more by working together. We have made a commitment to a shared responsibility to the wider education community, the provision of good quality education and the improvement of life chances for pupils in the community beyond that of our own schools. Teachers, support staff, school leaders and Governors have added expertise in working alongside colleagues to improve provision and outcomes for pupils.
We are looking to recruit a family liaison officer to join our team to support the school in providing support, guidance and advice to the families within our school community. This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational, highly motivated and ambitious practitioner with experience of supporting pupils and families who face a variety of challenges and difficulties.
We can offer you:
- Friendly, dynamic and enthusiastic pupils.
- A dedicated and motivated staff team who strongly believe in team work and building positive relationships across the school.
- An experienced leadership team working in partnership with the Primary Advantage Federation of schools to achieve more together.
- Exciting opportunities within our vibrant and multicultural community.
- A high focus on care, guidance and support for all staff members.
- Access to high quality professional development opportunities including ASTs, Consultant support, partnership CPD and Class based Lesson Study approaches.
In return, we are looking for someone who:
- Is dedicated and driven towards improving outcomes for every child.
- Is committed to all elements of school life.
- Is compassionate, understanding and approachable.
- Has knowledge of support networks and agencies who are able to offer support to families in need.
- Is able to undertake outreach work to build relationships with members of the school community.
- Is able to advise parents and carers about local services available to them.
- Understands and respects the need for confidentiality and is able to act as a mediator.
- Is able to provide support to parents, carers and the school during sensitive meetings.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. For queries in regards to this post, or to return your applications, please contact our Business & Resource Manager, Nikki Lawrence, at email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 22nd September 2017
Interviews: Week commencing: Monday 25th September 2017
For more information about our school, please visit our website at www.johnjames.hackney.sch.uk
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an enhanced Criminal Record Check via DBS. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expect all members of staff to share this commitment.