Federation Deputy Headteacher
Educating Today’s Child For Tomorrow
Two happy schools with strong identities, Bushey and Oxhey Infant School and Bushey Manor Junior School are looking to appoint an exceptional Deputy Headteacher with Federation -wide responsibility.
Based a short walk apart in the same thriving and supportive community, our two-form entry schools have both been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted. Each school is situated in attractive grounds and resourced to provide a range of learning opportunities.
Your aim will be to deliver our vision of excellence through collaboration, inclusion and aspiration. You will be an innovative, inspiring and confident leader who is ready to embrace the challenge of leadership across two schools and help us to reach ever higher goals and aspirations for our children and our community.
The successful candidate will:
- Be resilient, passionate, forward thinking and ready to inspire our staff and children
- Have a clear personal philosophy of learning
- Be ready to ask difficult questions about accepted wisdom and embrace proven strategies
- Be innovative and creative
- Have a proven and demonstrable track record of school improvement
- Have a strong grasp of the latest thinking in raising standards for all children
- Be an excellent teacher with a proven track record of developing pupils academically, socially and emotionally
- Be reflective and have high levels of emotional literacy
We can offer you:
- Dedicated, skilled and motivated staff
- Happy, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and are proud of their schools
- Supportive and engaged parents and carers who welcome opportunities to be involved in their children’s education
- Committed and well-informed governors who will provide support and challenge
- High quality CPD including training in all statutory responsibilities
- Two great schools with unique identities and a tradition of collaboration
Informal visits are warmly encouraged.
If you feel you have the enthusiasm and commitment to join our Senior Leadership Team as our Federation Deputy Headteacher, in the on-going development of our successful, friendly and supportive schools, we would like to hear from you.
Bushey Primary Education Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List check will be required for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation.
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within the scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English, sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements.
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
For further information about the school please visit our websites.
To apply for this vacancy please request an application pack from the school office either in person or via email: email@example.com
Please return the completed application to the office before the closing date.
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 17/10/2019 17:00:00
Interview date: Week begining 21st October 2019