This July, Mary Paterson’s Deputy Headteacher will be retiring after a long and successful career.
The Executive Headteacher of the Queen’s Park Early Years Federation is seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated Deputy Headteacher to work within the current support network of Executive Head and Federation senior leaders.
The Federation consists of Mary Paterson Nursery School, Dorothy Gardner Nursery Centre and Queen’s Park Children’s Centre. Mary Paterson Nursery School is an 80-place nursery school with a two year old provision. The Dorothy Gardner Nursery Centre is 100 place nursery school with integrated two year old provision. The Queen’s Park Children’s Centre is on a separate site from each nursery. The Federation is a Westminster maintained federation and serves a diverse community in west London between Westbourne Grove and Queen’s Park.
This is a very significant leadership responsibility and an opportunity to build upon a provision recognised as ‘outstanding’. You will be instrumental in creating plans with the EHT, both academic and operational. In addition, it is a chance to play a full role in a highly effective federation senior leadership team.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about early years education, the Federation, our community and our pupils’ life chances. The role of Deputy Headteacher combines excellent classroom teaching with a commitment to supporting the development of the character and self-belief of our youngest pupils and to act as a role model to the wider staff. You will join an immensely committed federation team who are willing to work above and beyond the normal expectations at each school to make incredible things happen for our pupils.
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who:
- is an exceptionally enthusiastic and creative leader
- has the ability to motivate staff and pupils
- can communicate effectively and build relationships with all stakeholders
- can maintain outstanding standards and develop scope for teaching school accreditation
- has a commitment to an inclusive education for all
- has strong leadership skills
- is committed to developing a positive, enthusiastic learning culture for all staff
- is ambitious and eager to develop their own and others professional development
- has a good track record of driving forward improvements
- is an innovative thinker and is solutions orientated
We can offer:-
- a very supportive Executive Headteacher and leadership team
- creative, enthusiastic children who enjoy their learning parents who value your time and support
- excellent CPD and personal career development
- a supportive Federation, with strong cross federation work taking place
- a forward thinking body of staff, who are determined to continue to drive standards and aspirations up within the community and with families.
It is essential that you feel we are the early years federation for you, therefore would recommend that you visit prior to application. For any queries or to arrange a visit to the nursery school and the Federation, please contact the Executive Headteacher: Mr N Ivanovic on 0208 969 5835 or email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 4th March, midday
Interviews, week beginning: 11th or 18th March - TBC
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Queen’s Park Early Years Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.