Federation School Caretaker
Full Time - Permanent
Salary scale 12- 15 (£25,833 - £27,255)
(The post holder may be required to work in any school in the Federation as reasonably required by the Executive Headteacher and Local Governing Body)
We are seeking to appoint a resourceful, reliable individual To work across our two schools with the ability to work on his/her own initiative, excellent organisational skills are essential - as is a sense of pride in the school environment.
- Reporting to the Site Manager
- To be responsible for the opening and closing procedures of the building each day in order for the site to function correctly
- To actively participate in the delivery of both hard and soft maintenance works, applying relevant skills, completing planned maintenance tasks and responding promptly to the resolution of facilities requests reported onsite or via the Helpdesk
- To move furniture/equipment/goods in response to scheduled room layouts and equipment as requested as well as recording the arrival and the correct, efficient distribution of external deliveries received
- To carry out regular litter patrols of the site to keep premises, grounds and car park areas tidy, swept and free of leaf and litter accumulation, ensuring that external rubbish bins are emptied regularly
- The hours for this post are 36 hours per week, shift working pattern between 06:00 & 23:00.
- Experience in a similar role, ideally in an educational environment
- Good customer care and people skills
- Able to work independently and in a proactive manner, with the ability to manage own time to ensure activities are completed within agreed time frames
- Basic Handyman skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Must have valid clean driving licence (desirable)
- Able to obtain DBS (formally CRB) check (due to working alongside children)
Applications will be considered on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to come in for a lesson observation and interview.
The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, if suitable candidates present themselves.
Closing date: September 28th 2019
Please visit our school website www.staugustineshigh.org and/or Vanessa Scott HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
St. Augustine’s C.E. High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening including checks with previous employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.