Due to the continued success of the College, we are looking for an experienced middle or senior leader who would like to further their career in the role of Vice Principal; the position offers the potential to provide preparation for a future Headship. Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team based at Catmose College, the Vice Principal will provide vision, leadership and direction.
Catmose College is an oversubscribed 11-16 College judged as Outstanding by Ofsted. The College exists to ensure that our students are successful. Students and staff have equal value and the same entitlement to maximise their potential. We are proud of our consistently high academic results. In 2018 we achieved a progress score of +0.41 which was a great testament to the high quality of teaching within the College and dedication of all our staff and students. Just as important, is our commitment to ensuring that students leave us with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to enter the global workplace. As such, we are committed to offering a broad range of opportunities in performing arts, sports, trips, visits, competitions, electives and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
Alongside a good sense of humour, the successful candidate should be someone who is hard working, ambitious and someone who shares our values. You will be able to build on your existing knowledge and skillset and you will also have the opportunity of developing and leading on whole school responsibilities within the Federation in areas such as curriculum, teaching and learning, outcomes and pastoral. You will play a key role in maintaining and developing excellence in every aspect of our operation, ensuring that the Federation, comprising of Catmose Primary, Catmose College and Harington School, are recognised by our clients as providing an outstanding service.
Senior Leaders are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Senior Leaders at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance.
- Relocation support for hard to recruit subjects.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Masters scheme, through our teaching school.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Priority for children of staff to the College and Primary.
- A broad range of opportunities to engage in extra-curricular trips and activities.
Please refer to the job description and person specification for more detailed information about the role.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implements in line with Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and information are available online at www.rutlandfederation.com, or by emailing the College on email@example.com
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements. CVs are not accepted.
The closing date is midday on Thursday 25 April 2019.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org