Holyrood Academy is entering a very exciting period of its development. We have recently been awarded National Support School status which will create opportunities for the staff here to work with other schools that find themselves in need of support. We have been ranked by Ofsted as ‘Outstanding’ since 2010.
We became a Multi Academy Trust from 1 April 2017 and as the Vector Learning Trust will be looking to become one of the leading education providers in the South West. This is an opportunity for the right person to come and join us on our journey. We are looking for someone who shares our vision to improve the life chances of the young people in the communities we serve and the passion to really want to make a difference.
Holyrood Academy has aspirations of becoming one of the leading sporting state schools in the southwest. Our aspiration is to compete consistently on a regional and national scale as well as maintaining our success at district and county level. Over the last few years we have seen significant growth in girl’s football and rugby union. Due to this we now require a talented an enthusiastic female sports coach to join our team and help us to achieve our ambitions. The successful candidate will hold a Level 2 coaching award or higher in one of the main sports (Football, Rugby, Athletics or Hockey desirable) and will have experience of coaching team sports. In addition the experience of delivering sports events or similar would be very useful in this role.
The post holder will be required to carry out the following roles:
- Prepare, assist, lead and review PE lessons and school sports sessions
- Contribute to Primary school links
- Support the development of PE and school sport.
- Assist with the management and coaching of school sports teams
- Organisation and supervision of home and away fixtures
- Support the organisation of intra and inter-school competitions
- Mentor and deploy sports leaders as young officials and work on other sports development programmes and initiatives
- Comply with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
This is an exciting role and an opportunity to join a forward thinking ‘Outstanding’ Academy. If you would like to visit the Academy prior to the closing date – please contact Michelle Nokes, Headteacher’s PA on 01460 – 260100 to arrange a convenient time.
Closing Date: 12.00noon on Monday 18 June 2018
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Holyrood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.