Who are we?
Montgomery Academy is situated in Bispham, North Blackpool. We are proud of our reputation for securing both high quality academic achievement and providing the best possible learning opportunities and support for our students. These high standards are built upon foundations of mutual respect, collective values and the firm belief that learning counts and people really matter. The school is energetic, inclusive and continually seeking ways to improve the opportunities as well as draw the best talents, expertise and experience for students and staff alike.
The Academy is part of the the Fylde Coast Academy Trust, a growing and developing Multi Academy Trust which is committed to “promoting excellence in teaching, learning and leadership”. You would be joining the ‘family of schools’ within FCAT which will provide outstanding opportunities for future professional growth and potential promotion. Furthermore, the Academy is also part of the Fylde Coast Teaching School which delivers high quality courses on teaching and leadership as well as the opportunity for colleagues to network and share good practice to improve opportunities for young people across the region. We are determined to build upon this further and are looking to appoint like-minded professionals to join us on our journey of continuous improvement.
We are looking for candidates whose dynamism, commitment, energy, professional expertise and experience qualify them to take on this exciting and challenging role. The successful candidate will have good verbal, time management and organisational skills as well as being able to work flexibly and respond to changing priorities.
To accurately undertake specific finance support responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective use of the school’s budget.
Duties will include:
- To act in accordance with the academy and FCAT’s Policies and Procedures.
- To act as a role model, to encourage and promote non-discriminatory behaviour and ensure equality and diversity is sustained within our academy.
- To ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations and maintain confidentiality in your working practices each day.
- To adhere to FCAT’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures to ensure that the duty of care for all staff, including yourself to protect children and young people is maintained.
- To contribute to the provision of an effective environment for learning.
- To support the promotion of positive relationships with parents and outside agencies.
- To attend skill training and participate in personal/performance development as required.
- To take care for your own and other people’s health and safety in line with school and FCAT policies and procedures.
- Undertake a range of financial procedures, including placing orders, invoicing, preparation of cheques, banking cash, issuing receipts and dealing with supplier issues;
- Monitor monthly budgets and advise staff on variances;
- Produce a range of financial data and reports where directed;
- Receive and record monies from pupils and parents / carers;
- Assist where directed to undertake reconciliations, for example of bank account and petty cash and of the purchase ledger control account;
- Exchange of information both verbally and in writing with teachers, other staff and external suppliers;
- Resolves financial queries e.g. over order processing, financial accounts; undertakes analysis of financial records;
- Works from instructions but makes minor decisions, such as in resolving supplier issues; serious issues e.g. significant budget variances referred to more senior staff;
Individuals in this role may also:
- Undertake other support duties such as reception, dealing with correspondence, filing and word processing;
- Process travel and subsistence claims;
- Assist with school lettings;
- Responsible for the selection, ordering and storage of supplies within a small budget.
Indicative knowledge, skills and experience
- General experience of working in a finance role;
- Knowledge of a range of financial procedures, including order and invoice processing, bank reconciliations, financial reports and account monitoring;
- Knowledge / skills equivalent to National Qualifications Level 3 or relevant experience.
What can we offer you?
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days plus 8 public bank holidays.
- Annual appraisal, access to comprehensive CPD and career development opportunities.
- A challenging, ambitious and supportive place to work.
Please visit our websites to learn more about our Academy and FCAT:
How to Apply
For further details and an application pack please go to the FCAT Website and apply through the online application form.
Closing time and date for applications is 12.00pm (midday) on Monday, February 25th, 2019
Shortlisting to take place on Monday, February 25th, 2019
Assessment and Interview Day: TBC
The Fylde Coast Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all. Fylde Coast Academy Trust is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners, staff and visitors. All staff will be carefully selected using recruitment and selection procedures designed to emphasise our commitment to safeguarding. All posts, including volunteers, are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.