An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Administrator to be part of a Finance team for a group of three schools based in West London. This successful candidate will report to the Finance Officer.
This role includes assisting the Finance Officer in purchase invoice entry and payments, assisting in billing and the collection of fees, as well as other finance related activities.
The person should be able to work efficiently, methodically and accurately with minimum supervision. Experience in working for schools is desirable but not essential.
- Checking and processing all purchase invoices onto Sage
- Reconciling of supplier statements
- Making payments in line with company guidelines
- Reconciling and posting petty cash expenditure
- Banking and bank reconciliations
- The collating of information such as school trips, etc. for billing purposes
- Assisting in the processing of credit card statements
- Assisting in the preparation of termly fee billing and responding to queries
- The administration of processing termly invoices to parents via Feemaster and Sage
- The processing for banking of funds received and ensuring income is recorded accordingly
- Being a contact for parent queries and liaising with parents as required
- Working with the Finance Officer in all credit control areas for the schools
- Educated to GCSE; A level equivalent is desirable
- Experience of Sage or other accounting systems is essential
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and ability to use IT to enhance service of delivery of administration
- Must be numerate, pay attention to detail and able to demonstrate analytical skills
- Proven ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Evidence of working effectively within a team
- Good organisational skills
- An understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Ability to stay calm and cheerful when working under pressure
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to relate to children, adults and parents demonstrating good interpersonal skills
- To share in and contribute to the overall aims and ethos of the school
Hours of work:
The post is full-time, 40 hours per week – exact times to be agreed with the Finance Officer.
20 days per annum pro rata, the majority to be taken during School holidays, plus Bank Holidays.
Up to £25,000 per annum depending on the candidate’s experience .
How to apply:
Please submit a completed ‘Support Staff’ Application Form together with supporting letter of application. References will be taken prior to interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Ms Louise Doughty, Finance Officer, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 18 February 2019.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Gardener Schools Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.