If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Finance Administrator to join our busy team at Acorn Park School in Norfolk. Someone who is highly organised and works with accuracy, confidentiality and attention to detail would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home within the Acorn Care and Education and NFA Group, the UK’s Largest, Independent Children’s services group. The School specialises in communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The School and Homes are within a private, 30 acre Estate situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
The Finance Administrator will provide day to day financial support to Acorn Park School and the education and residential operational finance function.
Reporting to the Principal at Acorn Park School – with a link into the Finance Manager at Head Office, the Finance Administrator is expected to support in providing accurate monthly accounts, operational KPIs, commentary, budget and forecast for Acorn Park School.
The role will involve:
The Finance Administrator will take an active and evolving role in producing accurate and timely monthly management accounts for Acorn Park School, with responsibilities including:
- Overtime / Agency forecasting
- Reconcile actual overtime / bank payments in payroll vs forecast.
- Purchase Order Process Management
- Responsible for managing Credit Card spend on site
- Responsible for managing petty cash on site
- Fixed Asset Register
Who we are looking for:
- Previous experience working within a financial environment.
- Proven ability to work closely with operational managers.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- IT Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Fast, accurate typing/data input
- Willingness to learn
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.