36 hours per week – Term Time Only
Smallwood Primary is a two form entry school, with a Language Resource Base and Children’s Centre, conveniently situated close to Earlsfield mainline station and Tooting Broadway underground. We are passionate about the education of our children, continuous professional development of all staff and a strong partnership with parents and the wider community.
We are seeking to recruit a Finance and Administration Officer to join us and play a central role in our School Admin Team, providing administration support and financial advice on all matters relating to the school. The successful candidate will have previous experience of working within a financial environment and will possess excellent organisation skills as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure. You will work alongside the School Business Manager to support and develop our successful school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will contribute to the development of the school Has the ability to inspire colleagues and peers, whilst working under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Has an excellent understanding of financial procedures;
- Has an enthusiasm for working in an educational environment;
- Has excellent communication skills.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop the role and your own career;
- A warm, supportive and positive learning working environment;
- Staff who are committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the students;
- An engaged, supporting and effective Governing Board.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/ and return it to the school either by email, post or fax.
Or for any further details please contact the school on the telephone number or email.
Closing date: 21 September 2018 Interviews: 26 September 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs and medical clearance.
Smallwood Primary School & Children’s Centre Smallwood Road Tooting SW17 0TW Telephone: 020 8672 6024 Email: Admin@smallwood.wandsworth.sch.uk Headteacher Mrs F Loudon