The Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust (DSAT) is a vibrant and growing education trust that was created by the Diocese of Salisbury in 2013. The focus of the Trust is to work with primary schools across the Diocese of Salisbury. It currently comprises 13 Church of England Primary Academies across the Wiltshire and Dorset region and includes a new Academy in Wilton that will open in September 2018. DSAT has a vision for the growth of thriving learning communities, that provide everyone with the opportunity to achieve more than they ever thought possible. Christian values and service are at the heart of all we do, as we help young people to develop excitement in learning.
This is a new role for someone who would like to gain experience of working in finance and general business operations and achieve the AAT qualification in accounting. Your office base will be at the DEC, Wilton and you work in support of the Central Support Team located there. No prior experience of working in finance is necessary.
- Weekly wage: £185.00
- Working week: Monday – Thursday: 8.30am-4.30pm Friday: 8.30am-4pm
- Total hours per week: 37.00
- Apprenticeship duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 08 Jan 2018
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number: VAC001335667
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Wiltshire College
Contact: Wiltshire College Apprenticeship Team 08453452235 email@example.com
- Assist with the processing of purchase invoices, cashbook/bank journals and expenses claims through to final payment stage.
- Prepare and process internal recharge journals for the support from the Central Team and others to our Academies.
- Assist with the routine month end processes including bank and petty cash reconciliations, charge card processing and VAT returns.
- Assist with various HR and payroll related tasks
- Undertake general clerical duties including photocopying, typing, filing and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with staff, visitors & external organisations.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good ICT skills, IT literate and good working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. Training on the use of finance software packages will be given.
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise and work under pressure to ensure all payroll and finance deadlines are met.
- Ability to pay attention to detail & ensure inputs/ outputs are accurate
- Motivated and polite
- Ability to be flexible to meet the needs of the Trust and its academies
- A team player who’s willing to support other team members when necessary
- For entry to the L3 Advanced Accounting Assistant Apprenticeship Standard at Wiltshire College, students will need to demonstrate their competence in basic bookkeeping, either through prior completion of a bookkeeping or accounting qualification at Level 2, or via the AAT Skill check.
- Written communication forms an increasingly important part of the apprentice qualification. For the best chance of success, it is recommended that students should have a good standard of both English and Maths before starting the course. GCSE at grade C in both subjects, or equivalent, is recommended. If you do not have formal qualifications in English and Maths, please discuss your situation with the course tutor before enrolment.
- All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths, English and ICT.