Brighton Girls are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team at an exciting time. The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Financial Assistant and will be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements. You will be professional in your approach to all aspects of the role, extremely well-organised, a team player and competent with finance systems, Excel, and databases.
The successful candidate will:
• Post invoices, expenses and transactions, set up new suppliers and deal with supplier and payment queries.
• BACS run weekly and ad hoc Bankline payments
• Bank deposits and monthly bank statement reconciliation
• Petty cash management and monthly reconciliation
• ParentPay – set up and manage payment items on ParentPay
• Trips - financial support to include trip finances check, help staff with invoice payment deadlines, reconciliation of trip expenses and maintain trip spend spreadsheet
• Compleat - train and support staff using Compleat for school purchase orders
• Barclaycard – ensure monthly returns are completed and posted
• Enterprise trading – stock reports and management, sports club transactions
• Extended hours – post weekly transactions in ParentPay and debt management
• Other general finance duties e.g. dealing with finance post and inbox, check supplier statements, maintain finance filing, helping parents with queries
Why join Brighton Girls?
With the arrival of Rosie McColl in January 2020, the school has embarked on an exciting new chapter and a period of rapid change. A new development is underway, which will create innovative working spaces within the school’s iconic buildings and enhanced green spaces around the Montpelier site.
As a founding school of the Girls’ Day School Trust, Brighton Girls already has a significance in the history of girls’ education and this new vision aims to build on this in unique ways which will see the fusion of the classroom and the community. Drawing on the school’s location in the heart of the city of Brighton & Hove, the school’s identity is eclectic, enterprising, and creative as the city itself. New city partnerships are flourishing. Our girls are bright and independent; they are resilient and not afraid to take risks; they have strong social consciences and enjoy learning - all of which make for a dynamic, and energising, working environment.
• Competitive salaries and pay progression
• Access to extensive professional development opportunities
• Training grants for qualifications
• Generous pension schemes
• Free life assurance benefit
• A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
• Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
• A Cycle to Work scheme
• Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details about this opportunity and to apply please click the apply button.
Applications should be submitted by 9am on Friday 21st May at the latest but we may interview and offer the position before the expiry of the deadline, so if interested please apply immediately.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Brighton and Hove
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 18 years