We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to share your administrative knowledge and skills providing professional and timely financial guidance and support across a group of local schools within The Sigma Trust.
As the Finance Assistant you will:
- carry out financial administration across multiple academies, multi-phase, in accordance with the appropriate EFA and Sigma finance regulations and policies
- administer and maintain the purchase ledger and sales ledger, on-line cash collection systems and computerised financial records
- be responsible for the administration of the charge card
- create and maintain a filing system, archiving financial records when appropriate
If you can answer yes to the following questions, we would very much welcome your application:
- Do you have experience in using IT systems including excel, dedicated finance management packages and management information systems?
- Are you able to to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines?
- Are you a highly motivated and approachable team player?
- Are you adaptable and willing to take on challenges with enthusiasm?
You may be required to travel to any of The Sigma Trust academies in order to fulfil the responsibilities of the role as and when required. When not in schools you will be based at our offices at Tendring Education Centre, Jaywick Lane, Clacton-on-Sea.
This post is 37 hours per week, for 42 weeks per year (terms time and non pupil days plus 3 weeks during school closure periods).
For additional information about The Sigma Trust, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk .
To apply for this post please complete an application form, available from the TES website.
Please read the Job Description, Person Specification and the Notes for Applicants document in conjunction with this advertisement.
Closing date Wednesday 31st January 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.