LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £26,195 to £30,292 per annum
As an award-winning college, we are always looking for exceptional staff to help us to grow our ambitions. We understand that education is not all about teaching and learning – it’s also about development, infrastructure, and exceptional systems. That’s why we truly value our support staff.
As Finance Manager, you will be required to assist the Vice Principal - Finance & Resources in the financial management of the College.
Duties will include supervising the College Finance Team, responsibility for month end closedown, preparation, review and distribution of monthly budget reports, control of income, preparation of VAT returns and financial reports/statistics. Applicants must have relevant accounts and office management experience in a computerised environment together with knowledge of spreadsheets.
• Level 2 in Maths and English are essential
• Full AAT qualification is desirable or willingness to achieve
Candidates must also be able to meet deadlines and possess excellent communication skills. Experience of working in a further education college is desirable.
In return, we offer a warm and welcoming college with an excellent benefits package which includes:
• A 25-day annual leave entitlement, plus 8 Bank Holidays and 6 college closure days (plus an additional 5 days’ leave after 5 years of service with us)
• A well-respected pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund)
• Free parking at all of our College sites (on a first come, first served basis)
• Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
• Superb opportunities for training and development
So, if you’d like to be part of a unique organisation that supports one of the largest and most diverse employment sectors in the UK, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 28th January 2019 at 12 noon
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.