There is the potential for this role to become permanent.
Seeking a full time Finance Manager (40 hours/week) initially on a temp basis to assist the department at a busy period of the academic year. Reporting directly to the COO, this role requires excellent management skills, strong attention to detail and a serious appetite for numbers and accuracy.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to be part of a successful school community. The position is to be filled immediately.
• Manage and take the lead on the invoicing of School fees and additional chargeable activities to parents;
• Raise and issue invoices, and where appropriate, credit notes;
• Allocate payments within the ledger between the bank and the revenue accounts;
• Reconcile monthly the deferred income account and the debtors balance, include an aging profile;
• Follow the School credit control procedure both in written format and via telephone conversation to ensure that all fees are collected in a timely manner.
• Assist in the production of the management accounts;
• Post revenue journals to ensure that the tuition fee and other income lines are accurate;
• Posting of various expense journals e.g. credit cards allocation, utility accruals, rent accruals, bad debt provision etc.;
• Reconcile revenue between the balance posted to the income statement and the theoretical balance from the admissions register;
• Reconciliation of bank accounts;
• Balance sheet reconciliations for the various accrual and pre-payment accounts.
• Support the academic staff in the ordering of classroom materials;
• Support the admin team in the ordering of goods;
• Negotiate with suppliers to ensure the School receives the best possible value;
• Raise purchase orders and ensure the appropriate authorisations have been gained;
• Place orders with suppliers;
• Ensure the purchasing policy of the school is followed in terms of number of quotes for a given value of order;
• Monitor levels of stationary and office supplies and raise additional orders as necessary.
• Assist the COO with any projects or specific tasks required;
• Maintain appropriate documentation to support all of the above;
• Assist in the annual audit process.
What you'll get in return
• Free 3 course meal during term time;
• Free hot drinks and fruit throughout the day;
• large social spaces equipped with computers, games, free hot drinks + fruit;
• Reduced rates with local businesses (Costa; dry cleaners; gym etc).
Education & Experience Required
• ACA/ACCA qualified;
• native (level) English and/or French speaker;
• excellent communication and presentation skills;
• an analytical approach to work;
• problem-solving skills and initiative;
• strong attention to detail and an investigative nature;
• excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise;
• the ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships;
• the capacity to make quick but rational decisions;
• the potential to lead and motivate others;
• understanding of data privacy standard;
• strong IT skills: ideally experience with Xero, AccountsIQ, Eduka.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the Lycée International de Londres. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the Lycée.
Lycée International Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.