Required for September 2018
(Possibility for an earlier start date)
Do you want to work in one of the top non-selective schools in the country for progress nationally, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment?
36 hours per week Monday – Thursday, 8.30am – 4.45pm, Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Term Time plus 2 weeks
Salary Point: 18 - 25 - £19,917 - £24,510 pro rata depending on experience
Due to the retirement of our long serving Finance Officer, a post within the Finance Team becomes available. Reporting directly to the Business Manager, the Finance Officer will be required to provide efficient and effective support in all financial administration preparing, arranging and managing day to day accounts with specific responsibilities.
- Have a working knowledge and experience of computerised finance systems and financial controls.
- Have sound knowledge of Financial Procedure and recent experience of working in a Finance Office, School or similar organisation.
- Be fully competent in the use of ICT including Microsoft Excel (including the use of formula’s, filtering, data sorting and importing/exporting), Word, Outlook and using the internet to access relevant information.
- Be able to prioritise and work in a methodological manner to tight deadlines.
- Be able to work as part of the team as well as being able to work on own initiative, with a confident, positive and flexible attitude that shows resilience under pressure.
If shortlisted, candidates will be required to undertake an activity. Candidates successful in this will be brought forward to interview.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a thriving school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website.
Visits are warmly welcomed - please contact Ms Adams, Personnel Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.Address: Pound Street, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Tel: 020 8642 2025 ext 202
Fax: 020 8643 7925
Closing date: 12 noon, 23rd April 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 23rd April 2018
Reference No: AHR 17-392
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.” OFSTED March 2008
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils.
Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.” Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,385 students with 320 in the Sixth Form.
Headteacher Ms M Noone
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.