Post: Finance Officer
Job title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Director of Finance and Capital Assets
Responsible for: To provide professional leadership of school financial management across two or more schools
Scale: P01 – P02, £31793.00 - £35,991.00 (FTE) (dependent on experience)
Contract: Permanent, 35 hours per week, 42 weeks
Usual or main location: The Compass Partnership of Schools, Greenwich
Start date: September 2018 (negotiable for the right candidate)
The Compass Partnership of Schools is seeking a dynamic individual to help charter them through the next phase of their development. The person appointed will have an excellent understanding of financial procedures, budget monitoring and reporting, and income generation.
The Compass Partnership consists of six primary schools and one all-through special school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, and offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to help build on its current success as a newly-formed multi-academy trust.
The person appointed will have:
- A sound understanding of school funding especially in relation to academies
- A track record of successfully managing school budgets
- Experience of implementing and maintaining sound financial procedures
- Experience of working with auditors
- Experience of reporting to senior leaders and governors
He/she will need:
- To have experience in operating and monitoring financial systems and procedures
- To have exceptional communication skills both oral and written
- To have exceptional planning, organisational and problem-solving skills
- To be decisive and action orientated
- To have experience of Sims/FMS or equivalent financial packages
- To be flexible and adaptable and able to work in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- To have effective IT skills
Visits are warmly welcomed; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
If you think you have the necessary skills to be successful in this post, please email email@example.com for an application form and job description.
For further information please visit: http://compass-partnership.uk/ .
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22nd June 2018 at 09:00am
Interviews: Week commencing 25th June 2018
The Compass Partnership of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment will be subject to full safeguarding checks and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The Compass Partnership of Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected characteristics.