Financial Analyst required within a growing finance team
GLF Schools is inviting applications for a Financial Analyst to work within its central finance team. This role will be based at our Head Office in Claygate near Esher.
The ideal candidate should have a strong desire to deliver technical accounting knowledge, and must be excited by the challenges of being part of and helping to shape a growing organisation.
GLF Schools aspires to create a group of academies that have a reputation for delivering an outstanding education for all children and students. There are now 27 schools within the Trust with further schools joining.
This role offers significant scope for personal and career development as the organisation continues to grow.
The key purpose of the role is:
• Produce timely and accurate monthly management accounts across a group of GLF schools.
• Provide insightful, actionable analysis to help manage our schools’ finances and to enable schools to produce accurate forecasts and budgets.
• Provide support on all finance matter to a number of GLF schools.
Knowledge & Experience Required
• Able to communicate financial information to non-finance staff
• Customer focused and able to deliver to tight deadlines
• Strong excel skills
• Confidence and familiarity with developing ad hoc reports from finance packages
• Experience of working in education would be beneficial but not essential
Full training will be provided on our accounts and budgeting packages, PS Financials and Orovia BPS respectively.
This role is for 36 hours a week, full time.
Interview date: Thursday 16th November
• Generous local government pension scheme.
• tax free child care vouchers through wider wallet, including other staff benefits
• Access to a 24 hour Employment assistant plan
• Fantastic on-site facilities including free use of a gym, tennis courts and golf course and swimming pool through the spring/summer months
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.