To support the College in the implementation of its aims and objectives as specified in the Improvement Plan and Policy Statements. Under the general supervision of the Pastoral LT, the post holder is responsible for first aid provision and reporting at the College.
• To act as main First Aider and Appointed Person.
• To administer appropriate First Aid to students, staff, contractors and visitors to the school who are injured or unwell.
• To maintain detailed accurate records. Reporting to LT, H&S, Pastoral Staff, ESW, Attendance Officer and other professionals as necessary.
• Highlighting concerns and ensuring that students are safeguarded.
• To advise parents or other authorised contacts in the event of a student being unwell or injured.
• To administer essential prescribed medication to students when required. To support students with specific medical conditions and advise staff.
• To ensure all First Aiders are kept up to date with current practice .Organising training and requalification courses as required. Organising in house training courses in conjunction with the School Nurse.
• To maintain first aid boxes throughout the College in line with H& S standards. Ordering new stock as necessary.
Grade AS07 (SCP 8-14)
Gross starting annual salary = £9232
Start Date: Asap dependent on DBS clearance
Working hours: 20 hours per week, 4 hours a day, 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday - Term Time
Weeks per year = 39 working weeks (including staff training days), paid for 44.65 which includes pro rata holiday entitlement
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.
Closing date: 22.4.19