Required! A suitably experienced individual, passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances, to provide technical curriculum support to both the Food Technology and Art Departments
37 hours per week 8.30am – 4.30 pm four days per week & 4.00 pm finish on Fridays (half hour unpaid lunch) Term time + 5 days
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us. We have recently joined the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust alongside two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, with whom we were already working collaboratively, accessing training opportunities through the Teaching School at St James’s, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place in our secondary phase over this past year.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Previous school experience is not essential but would be advantageous. Working under the direction of the class teachers and dividing your time between the two subject areas to meet priority needs, the post holder will:
- have an interest in arts and crafts and cooking!
- have an understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities
- be organised and be able to plan and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
- be friendly, professional, able to communicate effectively and build effective working relationships with both students and staff
- have the Food Safety Level 2 qualification or be willing and able to attain this
- have a good understanding of health and safety and COSHH regulations in relation to both Art & Food Technology
- have a conscientious and diligent work ethic
- be competent in the use of IT for online ordering etc
- demonstrate personal resilience and role model those personal qualities we wish to instil in our young people
- be willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of a continuously improving organisation
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to work with KS1 & KS2 pupils and get involved with extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs L Knibb to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or, in the event of difficulty, download an application form from our website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
Please note all staff are employed by The Bishop Fraser Trust.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in all its schools to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 26th September.