Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Food and Textiles Teacher to join a community based secondary school in South Essex. The school has academic successes at both GCSE and A Level and offers a broad extra curriculum for pupils. The successful Food and Textiles Teacher will be joining an established school with collaborative staff and strong leadership. The role will be teaching Food and Textiles lesson to KS3 and K4 classes from January 2019.
· Food and Textiles Teacher
· Teaching KS3 and KS4
· Permanent Role
· £23,720 - £39,406
About the School
· Co-educational secondary academy 11-18
· Good Ofsted
· Oversubscribed, well established school within the local community
· Broad curriculum and has an innovative enrichment programme which has proved to be invaluable in school
· Thorpe Bay Station (C2C Line) is the nearest station
In order to be considered for this role, the Food and Textiles Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Food and Textiles specialism is ideal
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number GMA 9784
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.