Food and Textiles Technician
36 hours per week – 40 weeks
Salary: Scale 5 - £22506 - £24,510 pro-rata Actual £19,778 - £21,539
We require from March 2018, a highly skilled and qualified Food and Textiles Technician to support the Design Faculty. The post holder will, under the guidance of the Team Leader, provide technical support to the Faculty and manage the resources, equipment and hygiene and safety in relation to Food and Textiles.
Duties will include:
· Material and project preparation; ordering, stock control, assisting within lessons on daily basis and supporting larger projects for KS4.
· Implementing high standards of hygiene and safety in and outside of lessons, and maintenance of equipment to ensure a safe learning environment for the students. Provide technical support to students where required to promote achievement. Responsible for updating risk assessments in line with safeguarding law.
The successful candidate will have:
· Previous experience working in a similar role
· Good practical skills
· The ability to work on their own initiative
· Good ICT and communication skills
· A passion for education
· An awareness of Health & Safety issues
· A commitment to safeguarding children.
Closing date by 10 am on Monday 26th February 2018.
Interviews dates to be confirmed.
For further information or if you would like to arrange a visit to the school please contact HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk. An application pack is available from the TES and the School’s website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk/joining us/vacancies/support staff.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
Heartlands High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.