KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Food Technician to join our growing academy.
The purpose of the role is to provide the day to day technical support to enable the smooth running of practical food lessons and to maintain a safe and hygienic working environment in the Food Technology rooms.
- Responsible for working in collaboration with teaching staff to ensure the sourcing and safe storage of food and equipment necessary for lessons.
- Playing a crucial role in supporting and directly improving students' learning experiences in Food Technology, working as part of a busy team, with a commitment to raising standards.
- Preparing equipment and materials, including hand-outs, required for demonstrations and for practical work and dismantling and storage after use.
- Ensuring that all equipment is accounted for, in the correct place and replaced where necessary.
- Assisting in the development of lesson plans.
- Monitoring supplies of stock and inform line manager when further supplies of resources or ingredients are required; check goods delivered against orders and storing appropriately; carry out stock taking and inventory checks.
- Assist in the organisation and presentation of the Food Technology Room.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am Wednesday 3rd January 2018
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at email@example.com.
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.